Mission, Vision, Values
The Minneapolis Bicycle Coalition advocates for a city where bicycling is encouraged and everyone feels comfortable riding.
We envision a city where:
- riding a bicycle is joyful for people of all ages and abilities;
- bicycles are the easiest way to make most trips and navigating Minneapolis on a bicycle is intuitive;
- Minneapolis neighborhoods are connected by a network of safe streets and trails that invite people to bicycle year-round; and
- bicycling plays a strong role in helping people stay healthy and connected to their neighborhoods, supporting vibrant commercial districts and making Minneapolis a world-class city where people from all backgrounds want to live, work, shop and play.
- Positive passion. We passionately believe in the value of bicycling and commit to harness that passion in a positive manner to promote progress towards making bicycling accessible to all ages.
- Respect. We respect all people. We respect and obey laws; we especially abide by those laws we advocate. We also expect that all people respect us and our mode choice.
- Integrity. We are committed to our core values in all genres of work and are honest with each other, decision makers, media, and the public.
- Empowerment. We work to give community members and members of the coalition the tools needed to make a difference through a positive passion for bicycling.
- Equity. We embrace the diversity of Minneapolis and work to engage all people.
- Sustainability. We believe that progress must support long-term environmental, social, and economic sustainability, and we believe that bicycling is an integral part of achieving that goal.
- Accountability. We are accountable for our actions, we follow through with our commitments, and we respectfully ask for the same of others.